Insolvency Cashier / Administrator
An exiting new role has recently become available!
We are looking for a conscientious and ambitious insolvency cashier to join our growing business and be a key member of our team as we continue our growth. The role is to effectively manage client accounting on all our insolvency assignments.
Key responsibilities include though are not limited to the following:
• Maintaining individual cash books
• Opening and closing of bank accounts
• Banking, recording and analysis of receipts.
• Processing payments manually and electronically
• Performing bank account reconciliations to required deadlines.
• Journal raising and posting.
• Processing dividends
• Accounting for VAT
• Corporation tax calculations and corresponding with HMRC
• Updating IPS diaries
• Adhering to internal procedures
• Accurately filing documents
• Helping the wider team with cash related queries and administrative tasks
If time allows there may also be an opportunity to manage the firm’s book-keeping using Xero software.
The successful applicant must be comfortable performing in a fast-paced environment which operates in a compliance driven framework. The role would suit someone with a banking or accounting background. Preferably be educated to higher level, or equivalent and hold appropriate qualifications in Maths and English.
Insolvency industry experience would be advantageous along with the following personal qualities.
• Excellent organisational skills will support you in prioritising a busy workload using your own initiative.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential.
• Strong team player.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a well-respected insolvency practice during an exciting period of growth and development within the insolvency sector.
Business currently operates core hours between 10am and 4pm Monday to Friday.
Standard hours are 35 per week Monday to Friday.
Some flexibility or part time working may be available
Other jobs at McLenan Corporate
Kilmarnock / Remote
McLenan Corporate is a trading name of McLenan Corporate Solutions Limited, Marathon House, Olympic Business Park, Drybridge Rd, Dundonald, Kilmarnock, Ayrshire KA2 9AE. Company Number SC651445.
Margo McLenan is licensed to act as Insolvency Practitioner in the UK by the Insolvency Practitioner Association.
Insolvency Practitioners are bound by the Code of Ethics when carrying out all professional work relating to an insolvency appointment.